- Get Softaculous license details from commandline
- Managing email notifications in cPanel/WHM
- How/Steps to install fail2ban on CentOS 5.x, 6.x Rhel 5.x, 6.x – Protect SSH/FTP using fail2ban
- Simple steps to count emails in Exim mail queue for a specific sender/receiver
- [Solved] Bad Request This web server is running in SSL mode – Error while trying to connect to webmin after installation – Ubuntu 12.04
PEAR – PHP Extension and Application Repository, PEAR is a framework and distribution system for reusable PHP components.
The mail() function is using for sending emails from a php script. This is the most simplest way to send emails from a server and also its not secure process.
The mail sending scripts will shows some errors/warning while sending emails due to the absence of mail function[mail()].
Step 1: Check PhPear is already installed or not
[root@server]# rpm -qa|grep php-pear [root@server]#
If it is not installed on the server, please install it by executing the foillowing command from the command line;
[root@server]# yum install php-pear [root@server]# rpm -qa|grep php-pear php-pear-1.4.9-8.el5
Step 2: Install Php-mail extension by executing the following command;
[root@server]# pear install Mail
Step 3: Restart webserver
[root@server]# service httpd restart